Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Follow me on Twitter
Monday, February 5, 2007
So I coach a basketball team. It is a team of misfits....JK...I love these girls with all my heart (I have coached a few of them since Kindy). They surprise me everyday and they love me even when I am yelling like a maniac! Anyway...they usually have to fight like crazy cats to stay in the game because they are usually the smaller team...but tonight...TONIGHT...we were winning by so much the ref only allowed them to defend in the paint....try ex planing that 1 to 4th graders who barely ever win a game.

NOT EASY! LOL

But they played unselfishly tonight with there lead by passing to the kids who still hadn't scored yet this season. It really warmed my heart to see them do it w/o my push. We have 1 game left this season and then I am retiring after 5 long years of coaching. It really took up a lot of my time this year and since Joey wasn't on my team, I missed a lot of his games and practices. That wasn't my intention, I originally thought I could do both...but no! So I am sad to say, my coaching days are behind me but I look forward to coaching my girls when they are older....and cheering my man (Joey) on from the sidelines as I know he has a few great years of b-ball ahead of him.

After the game tonight I talked to a very good friend of mine DH. He is a nice guy, a mediator for family court, a lawyer, a coach who knows every kid by name....I always enjoy talking to him and shooting the breeze, but tonight, man, I nearly lost it. I was in shock and did not say anything to him and I AM SO MAD AT MYSELF RIGHT NOW. As we talked about the game, he said "I don't mean to offend you, but I hate when my team plays like a bunch of retarts, you know what I mean, no offfense" PICTURE, jaw hitting the floor....this man who I admired, looked up to even, INSULTING me to my face....how could someone be so ignorant and dumb. WHY didn't I say anything, I should of taken the opportunity to educate him and tell him what a jackass he was being for using such cruel language. BUT NO, I WALKED AWAY! I DIDN'T SAY A WORD TO HIM! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad at myself tonight...so so mad! And so all of you out in INTERNET LAND who are reading this....I HATE THE WORD, I AM OFFENDED BY IT, DEFINETLY DON'T USE IT IN MY PRESENCE, and if you care about me or my daughter AT ALL, STOP USING THE WORD ALL TOGETHER!

I have said my peace!

OH and Kelly baby!!! One of my bestest friends in the whole wide world..IS HAVING TWINS!!!! YAHOOOOOO!
CONGRATS sister! I will be there for you!!!!
The D day is 07/07/07

0 comments: