- 2014 (2)
- 2012 (12)
- 2011 (5)
- 2010 (21)
- 2009 (96)
- 2008 (143)
- Happy New Year
- Interested in Ginko Biloba
- Fox News...WHY?
- Megan Update
- Going political
- Blast from the past
- No news is good news...RIGHT?
- Blood Work Results
- So many wonderful Christmas Cards
- So very aggravated
- Wordless Wednesday
- Dance Class Woes
- BCDSIG Annual Christmas Party
- What I want for X-mas...
- Prayers for so many
- My response to email
- An update to UNBELIEVABLE
- Megan update
- 2006 (9)
Our favorite forum
Our blogging friends
- Archie's Room
- Baeten Family
- Banana Migraine
- Big Blueberry Eyes
- Brady's Bunch
- Charlie's up to
- Cornish Adoption Journey
- Dream Big
- Ella Grace with the Pretty Face
- Emma Sage
- Everyday Elliot
- Expecting Parents
- Faulkner Family
- Garden of Eagan
- Hamula Family
- Hidden Treasures
- Jaden's Journal
- Journey of a Lifetime
- Kathy's Life Journey
- Kwisteena's Kwaziness
- Life with 4 Kiddos
- Life with Bubba, Chicky and Nika
- Love notes to my family
- Makings of a not so Great Escape
- Mauzys Musings
- Mom of 2 Monkeys
- Mothering by the seat of my pants
- My Crazy Life
- My Special Ks
- Opposite Kids
- Our Roads Traveled
- Pocket Lint
- Praying for Parker
- Prince Vince Meets the World
- Ramblings of an Interrupted Mom
- Random Thinking
- Sharp Pointy Sticks
- Stumbo Family Story
- Sunflower Mom
- Teague Tribe
- The Days of Moo
- The Flege Farm
- The Heflin Family
- The Incredible Adventures of Ian and Chase
- The Tryon Family
- The Zoromski Chronicles
- Three Little Lady Bugs
- Thriving on Love
- Treasures and Snares
- Unringing the Bell
- Upside Down World
- What's happeninn' at the Hoovers
- Whatever to Us
I really hope all of you have a healthy and prosperous New Year!!!!
I always get excited thinking about the year ahead.
What 2008 will bring the Bissol Family:
1. My Joey will turn 11 this year and begin middle school.
2. Olivia will turn 3 and hopefully be binky free and potty trained. She will also get to start at dance class.
3. Megan will turn 5 and will too hopefully be potty trained. She will perform in her 1st ever dance recital.
4. Me and Joe will celebrate 14 years together and 7 years of marriage.
5. We will welcome a nephew into the world in March
6. The girls will be getting big girl twin sleigh beds.
7. We will get to see all of our friends at the annual NDSC conference in Boston.
8. My parents will have been married for 24 years in June.
Tonight we will ring in the new year with our friends The Falkevitz Famimly, my sister and her boyfriend Will and our friends The DeJesus Family! I will take a ton of pictures to share. I hope to hear all of you banging your pots and pans!
Till next year!
I came across this website through the DSTNI yahoo group and it has made me more intrigued. It talks about the use of prozac and a protocol to use. Please check it out including the videos.
Changing Minds Fouondation
Any personal info anyone might have on this good or bad please let me know. Or if you want to share any more websites or research.
December 28, 2007 10:39 pm EST
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.
“Given Ron Paul’s support in New Hampshire and his recent historic fundraising success, it is outrageous that Dr. Paul would be excluded,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Dr. Paul has consistently polled higher in New Hampshire than some of the other candidates who have been invited.”
Snyder continued, “Paul supporters should know that we are continuing to make inquiries with Fox News as to why they have apparently excluded Dr. Paul from this event.”
1st off Judicial Watch just released its list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians” for 2007...and who is on it do you ask...
4 of America's Choices for Presidential Candidacy
1. Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY): In addition to her long and sordid ethics record, Senator Hillary Clinton took a lot of heat in 2007 – and rightly so – for blocking the release her official White House records. Many suspect these records contain a treasure trove of information related to her role in a number of serious Clinton-era scandals. Moreover, in March 2007, Judicial Watch filed an ethics complaint against Senator Clinton for filing false financial disclosure forms with the U.S. Senate (again). And Hillary’s top campaign contributor, Norman Hsu, was exposed as a felon and a fugitive from justice in 2007. Hsu pleaded guilt to one count of grand theft for defrauding investors as part of a multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme.
2.Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY): Giuliani came under fire in late 2007 after it was discovered the former New York mayor’s office “billed obscure city agencies for tens of thousands of dollars in security expenses amassed during the time when he was beginning an extramarital relationship with future wife Judith Nathan in the Hamptons…” ABC News also reported that Giuliani provided Nathan with a police vehicle and a city driver at taxpayer expense. All of this news came on the heels of the federal indictment on corruption charges of Giuliani’s former Police Chief and business partner Bernard Kerik, who pleaded guilty in 2006 to accepting a $165,000 bribe in the form of renovations to his Bronx apartment from a construction company attempting to land city contracts.
3. Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): Governor Huckabee enjoyed a meteoric rise in the polls in December 2007, which prompted a more thorough review of his ethics record. According to The Associated Press: “[Huckabee’s] career has also been colored by 14 ethics complaints and a volley of questions about his integrity, ranging from his management of campaign cash to his use of a nonprofit organization to subsidize his income to his destruction of state computer files on his way out of the governor’s office.” And what was Governor Huckabee’s response to these ethics allegations? Rather than cooperating with investigators, Huckabee sued the state ethics commission twice and attempted to shut the ethics process down.
4. Senator Barack Obama (D-IL): A “Dishonorable Mention” last year, Senator Obama moves onto the “ten most wanted” list in 2007. In 2006, it was discovered that Obama was involved in a suspicious real estate deal with an indicted political fundraiser, Antoin “Tony” Rezko. In 2007, more reports surfaced of deeper and suspicious business and political connections It was reported that just two months after he joined the Senate, Obama purchased $50,000 worth of stock in speculative companies whose major investors were his biggest campaign contributors. One of the companies was a biotech concern that benefited from legislation Obama pushed just two weeks after the senator purchased $5,000 of the company’s shares. Obama was also nabbed conducting campaign business in his Senate office, a violation of federal law.
Our government is corrupt and speaking the truth about it only seems to get you a label of "nut case"...why is this?
Washington is owned by the Corporate Media and all the candidates we have to choose from are in there pockets....The ONLY real choice to be "FREE" is to vote Ron Paul. We all need to vote in these Primaries...we can make a difference. Ron Paul has raised more money in 1 day than any other candidate in history and NONE of it was from corporate America....just people fed up with the BS of bureaucracy like me.
My ped had messages in with a hemotologist, a GI and a cardiologist. Hopefully we will hear something today.
I am trying not to worry until there is something to worry about but you all know how hard that is when you are a mom. Megan is fine and seems healthy as a horse so that is reassuring...she ate her morning sausage as usual LOL
Seems her hemoglobin is high and she is producing too many red blood cells. The ped then said that we need to go see a Cardiologist because he thinks she may have a murmur although he has never heard one....HUH? This ever happen to anyone else? What does this all mean. He said her heart is compensating for something and that is why she is producing so many red blood cells. Any info you could give me would be great.
Also, her Celiac test came back elevated for the antibody so now we have to go to a GI doc. Anyone with experience in this area please let me know.
Megan is very healthy. She has never had heart surgery and no problems were ever indicated to us until today. She also has given me no indication of a Celiac problem. Although her bowels are not regular but was told this is common in DS.
The doc is calling me back before Thursday to let me know what the other doctors say....he said he was going to call them and see what they thought and try to get us in for an emergency appointment.
This post is also going to serve another purpose. My friend Melissa over at Banana Migraine is doing a Holiday Traditions Festival so bloggers can show off their Christmas decorations. So below please enjoy my sad Christmas tree (we bought it at the end of last year and didn't see it on display but we only paid $15 for it at Lowes) and my Manger (we do not put baby Jesus there until late Christmas Eve, my Mantel w/ every Christmas w/ Santa pictures and my new wreath Megan made me at school. Decorating the mantel is my favorite every year. I love hanging the stockings and remembering each Christmas by looking at how my kids have grown from Christmas past.
And this is our outside decorations
Well no they didn't. I got a call today saying I need to take her back in tomorrow.
The lady was very nice but this sucks for Megan and is holding up the results.
I will let you all know how it turns out tomorrow.
After class, the aide took the kids out to the waiting room and the teacher spoke to the parents. She said:
"is there any questions regarding the class or the recital coming up in May? No....ok, well today as you can see was not our usual class. Megan was pushing and disruptive but I promise you all she has never been like this before, she usually is very good, I think having all the parents in made her a little excitable. All your kids have bad days now and then and today was obviously Megan's"
I was so very thankful that she said something. I know she loves Megan.
I don't want the other parents to think this is how she usually is....I always get such good reports from the teacher after class and today has just made me sick to my stomach. I just keep thinking that all the parents are probably saying things about Megan and it is killing me.
What got into her today?
It seems whenever the routine gets changed a little she acts up?
I have never been so embarrassed I just kept putting my face in my hands....and I kept giving her dirty looks to stop (sometimes that helps).
Too be honest I think it is me. I am the only person she acts up with...I am at a loss and so very upset. It just made me picture how the recital is going to be.
I am so excited for them to see it and play! Christmas is not to far away!
15 days and counting!!!!
What BIG gift did you buy for your little ones?
My MIL is fed up with life and is giving up. I know I pray for that little bit of herself inside that cannot come out and enjoy life, her family and herself. I know it is praying for a miracle but her life has just been so sad.
2nd, my Pop Pop. He is old and his health is deteriorating as well. He has been in pain for some time now and it has prevented him from traveling from FL to PA. I hugged him in August and almost knew it was the last time. Please pray for him to not have pain and to get through this so I and my children have more time with him.
3rd for all the kids in the world who are suffering may it be here in the US or abroad in those institutions. It is not fair and it breaks my heart to read about it and see it. Kate at Ramblings of an Interrupted Mom is having to watch her son Jake go through this now. Please pray that Jake goes in peace and with out pain.
Too much right now before Christmas. Prayers are so important.
I hate to even have to respond to this but all we know as parents regarding this situation is that our kids did not get even playing time on the Front Court (regardless of deeper rooted issues). I would hate for this point to be overlooked with the excitement of reinstating Brian as coach and have everything that coach Rushing fought for to be ignored.
I can pretty much answer for all that we are ECSTATIC to have Brian back, but at what expense?
Is the schedule being changed? I did offer to help sit down and figure out the logistics of it all but have not gotten a response. As far as we know all 5/6 coaches agreed to make court time even.
I am glad we have him back but not sure at what expense? Do we have a right to question WHY the board reacted the way they did?
Brian R will continue to be the coach for your son’s 5th and 6th grade basketball team.
On Saturday you may have observed the fall-out of an issue deeper rooted than the number of games played on a particular basketball court, which would be typically handled by the coach and the division commissioner.
The unfortunate part of the incident was that the kids and you were involved at all at any level of involvement. I think it is safe to say that both PRBL and Brian apologize for having played out their differences in front of you and your children. I also think it is also safe to say that neither PRBL nor Brian will again permit this to occur.
We all remain committed to making sure your kids have the best possible experience during the basketball season with PRBL and its coaches.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Now get this...my girl has grown 2 inches this past year. I am not sure if I was watching the same girl grow cause I was worried she wasn't doing it.
She is now 35 inches tall and 34 lbs....WOW HUH?
She is getting sooo big. And she has been doing really well lately with keeping her glasses on.
We go this week to get the blood work done. She will have her thyroid checked, her blood cell count done and also get the Celiac test. Will update once again when I get those results.
So you will not believe this crap. My son Joey is in a basketball league through our school district. We got the BEST coach. I came home after our 1st practice to tell Joe how motivating and awesome he was. I felt like he really cared about the boys learning the game. He gave them each a binder with all their plays in it so that they could study them. WOW Right?
Well, he sent out an email regarding our game schedule. There are 2 courts that 5th/6th play on..."The Front Court" and "The Back Court"...seems that the court time was not dispersed evenly. Check this out:
Our team is Team 14....meaning we get 2 games on the front court. The front court is the good court. It has bleachers, a bench for the team, a score board and the back court has no space for the team to sit or the parents and is very uncomfortable and it is hard to bring the little kids. So you want to have your games on the Front Court. Check out Team 4. They have every single game on the Front court. They will not ever have to suffer through the pain of the back court....hmmmmm how did this happen?
Must have been an oversight...most the other teams are evenly dispersed between both gyms.
Well Joey's coach sent an email to the board of the league questioning this. (Team #4's coach is on the board) The response to Joey's coach was "please hand in your resignation"....WHAT....they can't be serious.
Joey's coach told us at practice what was going on and we were all shocked. The coach told us he had no plans of resigning or any reason to do so. So we thought it was the end.
NOPE! Today the cops were at the gym to keep our coach out! It was insane. A parent got a citation for calling the Team 4 coach the A-word and our coach was officially banned. So a double whammy to Team 14, no justice here but our team will not stop until this wrong is righted even if we have to strike the league.