Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Follow me on Twitter
Tuesday, July 3, 2007
sniff sniff. I have to say we were all very sad to see Gigi go.
We sent her on her way to Pittsburgh to be with Maeve.
(If you don't know who Gigi The Traveling Poodle is, please go to her website )
My girls were very attached to Gigi, fighting over who gets to hold her in the car.
"G's" were a difficult sound for Megan to pronounce but not anymore...she has the "G-G's" down pat!
So here is a list of all the stuff Gigi got to do with the Bissol Family:
1. Got to meet and greet my best friends twins Abigail and Alexa
2. Got to watch the River Dogs win the 2007 Carlton Division Championships
3. Went to Six Flags Great Adventure with my whole family for Father's Day
4. Spent a whole week in the classroom with Megan, her friends and teachers
5. Got to go to Sesame Place and watch a Fireworks display
And I think I may be missing somethings, but that list shows you she was here for awhile longer than she was supposed to (sorry Darah).
But everyone I met LOVED GIGI and her traveling to bring Down Syndrome Awareness.
I said to myself, what Gigi represented to us was "Friendship on the 21st Chromosome"
Boy is it strong!!!!!
We love you Powell Family and thank you so much for sharing Gigi with us!
Gigi The Traveling Poodle is a book waiting to be published!

Here are some pics to enjoy!
p.s. We adorned a "Bissol Band Aid" so that Gigi would always remember us!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy Flege said...

awww thats so great you got to spend so many fun times with gigi!! I hope she makes a visit to iowa soon!

Our Story: Continued said...

I'm sure Gigi is sad to have left you guys! I am so glad she had such a good visit with you! There will be a special treat in the mail coming your way! LOVE YOU!!!

Our Story: Continued said...

PS: Thank you for taking such good care of our poodle. Darah doesn't mind at all that she stayed with you longer than anticipated!! If we were the ones visiting, we would have had a hard time leaving you guys!!!