Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Blog Archive

Follow me on Twitter
Monday, October 8, 2007
About today, UGH! You could have literally ripped my heart out of my chest over the upper GI test. She was so scarred and was screaming her head off.
She popped the blood vessels in her face too. She did not want to drink the "chocolate milk" and they were forcing it down w/o much hesitation. A doctor who looked like Dooggie Howser was doing it and had his interns watching and I was not a happy camper. She kept nervously yelling "Cheese" since they were taking her picture. After that test she yelled through anything that involved walking through a door frame :(
By the time the sweat test was half way done she was deliriously tired and walked around with these towels wrapped around her arms saying "swimming, we go swimming" It was so cute, she thought she was wearing inflatable arm bands...LOL
She fell asleep and then had to have tape ripped off her arms and cried hysterically again.
She was very happy to get to the car and watch her Calliou video.

The IEP went well. Her therapists all love her and have her best interest at heart. When we talk it is like they know her just as well as I do....they are all great, her teacher and ST are coming over to play on the 29th to see her in her own environment. Pretty cool I thought!
We are all on the same page with Potty training, so we are good to go....ironically when we got home from the meeting Megan went to the potty like an old pro!

If you guys got through my update, WTG! and thanks again for the responses...


ohhh afterthought.....not understanding why sleep studies are done the way they are. They go through all this trouble for what? To see who needs a c-pap machine? Is that the only treatment? What about her restlessness, there is nothing to help with getting her a heavier night sleep. I am getting tired of picking her off the floor by her door and putting her back to bed 3 times a night.
If you walk past her door you either notice her fingers coming through the bottom of her door or hear her heavy breathing. I just think it is silly to traumatize a kid with a sleep study if they do not treat the symptoms that present....JMO I guess.

5 comments:

Leah Spring said...

Oh what a fun morning. NOT!!!! Sorry kiddo, those days are just not fun!

As for the sleeping, have you tried Melatonin yet? email me and I'll give you more details. It's widely used for kids with DS.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

That sounds like a rough time! I'm glad it's over. Poor Megan and poor mom!

SunflowerStories said...

Ugh! What a rough morning! Sorry Miss meg had to put up with Doogie Houser!

Michelle said...

oh my goodness that sounds like quite the ordeal! I don't blame her for screaming though, I probably would have been too! Hope you get some answers from the tests soon!

Michelle said...

She kept nervously yelling "Cheese" since they were taking her picture.

OMG...that just grabbed me. Poor darling.

By the time the sweat test was half way done she was deliriously tired and walked around with these towels wrapped around her arms saying "swimming, we go swimming" It was so cute, she thought she was wearing inflatable arm bands...

:( glad it is over. And I so agree. DO something, after all of that! Hug her for me, willya?